Calls for Service:
(Nov. 15 at 8 a.m. to Nov. 16 at 8 a.m.) 61
Weapons and Drug Arrests:
On November 15, 2017 at approximately 8 p.m. members of the Peterborough Police Service Drug unit and Emergency Response Team conducted a vehicle check in regards to drug trafficking related to the vehicle. The driver was arrested and a search of the vehicle was conducted. Located in the vehicle was a loaded handgun, cocaine, marijuana and cash. The male arrested was also found to be on a prohibition order not to possess weapons or ammunition, an undertaking not to be in the city of Peterborough and a recognizance not to possess any weapons.
As a result of the investigation, Jermaine Anthony White, 29, of Scarborough, was arrested and charged with the following:
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order
- Fail to comply with conditions of undertaking
- Possessession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of cannabis marijuana
- Fail to comply with recognizance
The male was held in custody for a court appearance the morning of November 16, 2017.
Theft from Vehicles Arrest:
On November 16, 2017 at approximately 2 a.m. a resident of Cherry Hill Road in Peterborough observed a male looking through vehicles on the street with a flashlight. The resident contacted police and search of the area was conducted. A male was located by officers on Kawartha Heights Blvd. that matched the description given by the witness. The male was found to have a large amount of property on him. The male was arrested for possession of the stolen property. Charged with possession of property obtained by crime is Graham Taylor St. Pierre, 21, of Oxford Ont. The male was held in custody and is to appear in court this morning.
If you live in the West end of Peterborough and notice that items were stolen from your car last night please call the Peterborough Police Service to report the theft at Ext 274.