A 33-year-old Marmora man is facing drug charges following a traffic stop and search warrant at a local hotel where cocaine and cash were seized.
As a result of an ongoing drug investigation, on January 11, 2018 members of the Peterborough Police Service’s Intelligence, Crime Analyst, Asset Forfeiture and Drug (ICAD) Unit conducted a vehicle stop on Lansdowne Street East. Following the vehicle stop a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) search warrant was granted for a room at a local hotel.
As a result of the investigation and subsequent search of the hotel room the following items were located and seized:
- Approximately 70 grams of cocaine
- Approximately $7,000 in Canadian currency
- Drug paraphernalia including weigh scales
Naeem Anwar Mohammed, 33, of Marmora, has been charged with the following:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking (Cocaine)
- Possession of proceeds of crime over $5,000
The accused was held in custody and is scheduled to appear in court later today (Jan. 12).