Chair: Bob Hall, Citizens’ Appointee
Bob Hall was appointed to the Police Service Board in the spring of 2015. He has been a teacher for 15 years and served as a City Councillor for 17 years before deciding not to seek re-election in 2014.
During his time on City Council, Bob served as Chairman of Council’s Committee of the Whole and as Chairman of Council’s Planning Committee. He was engaged in issues such as economic development, infrastructure, social services, affordable housing, parks, arenas and partnerships with Peterborough County.
Bob’s experience in the community includes:
• Teacher for 15 years – currently teaches at Kenner Collegiate and Intermediate School
• City Councillor 1997-2014
• Chairman of City Council’s Committee of the Whole and Planning Committee
• Canadian Canoe Museum Board Member
• Otonabee Region Conservation Authority Board Member
• Peterborough Public Library Board Chairman
• Fairhaven Long-Term Care Facility Board Member
• Council for Persons with Disabilities Member
• Kawartha Haliburton Children’s Aid Society Board Member
• Parks and Recreation Committee Member
• Arenas Advisory Committee Member
• Art Gallery of Peterborough Board Member
• Healthy Babies – Healthy Children Committee Chairman
• United Way volunteer
• Big Brothers volunteer
• Canadian Mental Health Association Development Coordinator
• Outreach worker
• Youth worker
Bob currently teaches at Kenner Collegiate and Intermediate School in Peterborough.
He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and history from Wilfrid Laurier University and a Business Management certificate from Queen’s University. He studied French at the University of Quebec.
Bob and his wife, Trudie, have two daughters in university and a son in high school.
Vice Chair: Councillor Dan McWilliams, City of Peterborough
Ken East, Provincial Appointee
Ken East was appointed to the Peterborough Police Services Board by Minister Yasir Naqvi in August 2015. Formerly, he was a member of the Douro-Dummer Police Services Board for seven years including several as Chairperson. He was President of the Ontario Association of Police Services Boards from 2013 to 2015 and currently sits as Past President on the Board of Directors. In his capacity as President of OAPSB, he was a member of the Future of Policing Advisory Committee and served on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario Task Group on Modernization of Policing.
Mr. East worked for 35 years with Parks Canada retiring in 2008. During that career, he held various senior management posts in Atlantic, western and northern Canada with a final posting as Superintendent of the Trent-Severn Waterway.
He is a former member of the Board of Directors of Peterborough and District Habitat for Humanity and Advisor to the Kawartha Land Trust. He lives on a rural property just outside of the Hamlet of Warsaw.
Mayor Daryl Bennett, City of Peterborough
Jamie Tudhope, Provincial Appointee