Calls for Service:
(Feb. 8 at 8 a.m. to Feb. 9 at 8 a.m.) 89
Drug and Weapons Arrests:
Two Peterborough residents are facing several charges after a loaded handgun, bear spray, cocaine, cash and heroin were located and seized during a police investigation.
On February 8, 2018 member of the ICAD Unit (Intelligence, Crime Analyst, Asset Forfeiture, Drugs) assisted by uniform members conducted an investigation into the sale of controlled substances. As a result of observations made three people were arrested on Rink Street in Peterborough for drug related offences. As a result of the arrests and subsequent search, police seized the following items:
- A loaded and stolen 44cal handgun
- A prohibited knife
- A single can of Bear Spray
- Approximately 8 grams of suspected cocaine
- Approximately 15 grams of suspected heroin
- Approximately 34 grams of suspected marijuana
- 10-18mg Hydromorphone pills
- Approximately $4,100 in Canadian Currency
Those charged in relation to the investigation are Dalton Michael Kennedy, 20, and Stacey Hodges, 22, both of Peterborough.
Kennedy was held in custody and will appear in court on February 9, 2018 on the following charges:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking x4 (cocaine, heroin, marijuana, hydromorphone)
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a weapon obtained by commission of offence
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Carrying concealed weapon
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5,000.00
Hodges was held in custody and will appear in Court on the 9th of February on the following charges:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine)
- Possession of prohibited weapon (knife)
- Carry concealed weapon (Bear Spray)
- Possession of proceeds of crime under $5,000
Additional Mischief Charges:
On February 5, 2018, Caleb Casselman (18 years) of Millbrook was charged with numerous offences in relation to damaging glass at Peterborough bus shelters, homes and businesses.
As a result of the police investigation, Casselman is facing two additional charges of Mischief under $5,000 due to newly discovered damages to two local businesses.
Anyone who has experienced a similar incident is asked to contact police at 705-876-1122 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.
A local Peterborough man is facing assault charges following a disturbance that occurred in downtown Peterborough.
On the evening of February 7, 2018 a disturbance took place involving multiple people outside of a local residence. The incident involved the male victim being kicked and punched in the facial area.
As a result of the investigation, Mansour Abdalla (24 years) of Peterborough was arrested and charged with assault.
Abdalla was released from custody and will appear in court on March 1, 2018.
The Peterborough Police Service have arrested a local man after a theft that occurred from a north end business in December of 2017.
On December 19, 2017, an unknown male entered a Peterborough business and selected a quantity of merchandise. The male proceeded to leave the store without paying for the items.
As a result of the investigation, on the 8th of February 2018, Jeffrey Demorest (40) years of Peterborough was arrested for theft under $5,000 x2 after being observed downtown.
The accused was released from custody and will appear in court March 1, 2018.