Calls for Service:
(June 12 at 8 a.m. to June 13 at 8 a.m.) 85
A 30-year-old Peterborough man is facing several charges following a search warrant at a Dublin Street home where members of the Drug Unit located and seized items including a loaded firearm, ammunition, fentanyl, heroin and cocaine.
As a result of an ongoing investigation by the Peterborough Police Service’s Intelligence, Crime Analyst, Asset Forfeiture and Drug (ICAD) Unit on June 12, 2018 the accused was arrested and charged in the area of George and Dublin Streets where he was found to be in possession of knives, a scale, a cell phone, marijuana and cocaine.
Following the arrest, on the evening of June 12, 2018 members of the Drug Unit conducted a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) search warrant at a Dublin Street home.
During the search warrant officers located and seized items including the following:
- Norwich Arms .30 calibre loaded firearm
- Firearm holster
- 102.5 grams powered cocaine
- 34.3 grams marijuana
- Cell phones
As a result of the investigation and subsequent search warrant Dallas William Costain, 30, of Aylmer Street North, is charged with the following:
- Trafficking in schedule I substance (Heroin)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (Cocaine)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (Fentanyl
- Possession of a schedule II substance (Marijuana)
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
- Unauthorized possession of restricted of prohibited firearm
- Possession of loaded restricted or prohibited firearm
- Careless storage of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition
The accused was held in custody and will appear in court later today (June 13).