The Peterborough Police Service has laid charges following a motor vehicle collision that resulted in the death of a 55-year-old Peterborough woman.
On March 15, 2019 at approximately 6:30 p.m. a two vehicle collision took place at the intersection of Lansdowne Street and Roger Neilson Way in Peterborough. During the collision the female victim, 55-year-old Josie Lemaire, suffered injuries that resulted in her death.
As a result of the investigation an 18-year-old male from Omemee, Ontario is charged with the following:
- Careless driving causing death (Highway Traffic Act)
- Red light – fail to stop (Highway Traffic Act)
- Operate unsafe vehicle (Highway Traffic Act)
- Defective breaking system (Highway Traffic Act)
- Overweight vehicle – violate permit (Highway Traffic Act)
- Insecure load (Highway Traffic Act)
- Improper muffler – motor vehicle (Highway Traffic Act)
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on October 28, 2019.