NOTE: The Crime Map is currently offline. We will update this page once the map is back online and updated. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please Read Before Proceeding
The Peterborough Police Service has long recognized the value of sharing information on community safety and security. To further community awareness and improve accessibility to information about calls-for-police-service occurring in the community, the Peterborough Police Service provides crime maps that show some types of criminal offences that have been reported to us.
The Peterborough Police Service cautions against using call-for-service data to make decisions, or comparisons, regarding the safety or crime levels for an area. When reviewing the crime maps the following are things to consider:
- These are incidents requiring police presence.
- The data represents call types. These final call types are largely based on the information provided by a member(s) of the community to the Peterborough Police Service and have been attended by an officer to determine the final closing type.
- Due to the limitations of the mapping system and privacy measures, ‘pins’ may not precisely reflect the location of the incident. All data visualization should be considered approximate and attempts to derive specific addresses is strictly prohibited.
- This data can be reviewed and discussed as part of coordinated (crime) prevention initiatives to support and improve community awareness and safety. Members of the community are encouraged to continue partnering and problem solving with the Peterborough Police Service to support police-community goals and objectives.
- Information provided does not always equate to a criminal incident resulting in a report or arrest. Therefore the data does not include all offenses identified within the Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics.
- There may be more than one call-for-service for any given incident (e.g. several observers may call 911 after witnessing a motor vehicle accident, disturbance or criminal incident).
- The data will sometimes indicate where an incident was reported versus where the incident occurred.
- Densely populated areas with a high volume of foot traffic may have more reported incidents. This does not necessarily mean that more crime occurs in the area.
- The Peterborough Police Service discourages comparative analysis between different areas of the city based solely on the information provided by calls-for-service. This geographic information system does not provide a comparative analysis tool. Areas vary in size, population and density, making such comparisons difficult
- This is considered preliminary incident response data and does not represent statistics submitted to the Canadian Center for Justice Statistics. The data is subject to change for a variety of reasons, including late reporting, reclassification of incidents based on offense types, errors and the discovery that some incidents originally reported as offenses may later be determined to be unfounded.
The Peterborough Police Service makes no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, as to the content, sequence, accuracy, reliability, timeliness or completeness of any of the information and data provided herein. The user of the following pages should not rely on the information or data provided herein for comparison purposes over time, or for any reason. Any reliance the user places on such information or data is therefore strictly at the user’s own risk. The Peterborough Police Service explicitly disclaims any representations and warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
The Peterborough Police Service does not assume and is not responsible for any liability whatsoever for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the data and information provided, regardless of how caused. Furthermore, in no event will the Peterborough Police Service be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of these pages.
The Peterborough Police Service will not be responsible for the use of, or the results obtained from the use of this information or data. The Peterborough Police Service shall assume no liability for any decisions made or actions taken or not taken by the user of the website in reliance upon any information or data furnished hereunder. Any use of the information or data for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
You must read and agree to the qualifiers before proceeding.