Thank-you for taking the time to register your bicycle with the Peterborough Police Service. This free service is meant to safeguard your bicycle and increase the chances of having your bicycle returned to you if it is lost or stolen. You can either register in-person at one of our police stations, or online.
In order to register online, you must first obtain a licence sticker. Licence stickers can be obtained at bicycle retailers or at the front counter of the Peterborough Police Service headquarters at any time, 365 days a year. Our other stations may have more restricted hours.
If you wish to register in person, you will need to bring your bicycle information (below)
Note: Affixing a licence sticker without registering it serves no purpose
Definition of bicycle:
A vehicle with two wheels tandem, handlebars for steering, a saddle seat, and pedals by which it is propelled
Online Bike Registration may be used:
- Once you have obtained a licence sticker
- For any bicycle bearing a serial number
- For one or more bicycles owned by you or the family members residing in your residence. Every bicycle registered requires their own registration form
Identification of your bicycle:
Manufacturers mark most bicycles with a serial number. If yours does not have a serial number, engrave an identifying number on the frame. (ie: your driver’s licence number) You may wish to put the same number on the wheels and other components.
- It is policy of Peterborough Police Service to only accept online registrations from residents who receive police service from the Peterborough Police Service (Peterborough, Lakefield, Township of Cavan Monaghan).
- Online report criteria:
- You MUST have a valid E-Mail address;
- You MUST provide the bicycle serial number;
- Once you complete the online registration information and it is received by us, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
- Please fill out your information on the online request form to add your bicycle to the Peterborough Police Online Bicycle Registry Database.
- Filing a false police report is a criminal offence
- You may be contacted by email or telephone if further information is required