The Homeguard Inspection Program is a community-based crime prevention initiative of our Auxiliary officers (an overview of the Auxiliary Program can be found under Learn.) This allows community members to take an active role in making their homes less susceptible to criminal activity.
NOTE: In order to request a Homeguard Inspection you must be a resident in the area served by the Peterborough Police Service: City of Peterborough, Village of Lakefield, Township of Cavan Monaghan
Homeguard won the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police “Victims Assistance Award” in 2012
- A Homeguard Inspection is free.
- Residents can request an appointment for an inspection online by completing the form below, or by calling the Peterborough Police Service Victim Services Unit at 705-876-1122 Ext 268.
- An appointment will be set for the Inspection to be conducted.
- Members of the Auxiliary Unit attend and conduct a home security audit. They inspect windows, doors, and the exterior of the home. A written report is provided to the home owner detailing potential improvements, for maximum safety.
- Officers often recommend Homeguard Inspections to victims of break and enter, or domestic violence, but anyone can request an inspection.
- Homeguard is meant to help residents improve home security and prevent break-ins and thefts at their home.