A Non-Emergency Crime

Please Note: Our Service is located in Ontario, Canada. 

Crime and Lost Property Reporting online

Is this a crime in progress or an emergency? Are you in danger? Dial 9-1-1 now. 

If not, you may be able to make an online report. You can report thefts under $5,000, thefts from your vehicle, damage to your property or your vehicle, fraud scams and lost property online.  You must have a valid email to use this system.

Please Note:

  • Filing a false police report is a criminal offence.
  • Reports filed on behalf of a third party, i.e. another person or for public property, will not be accepted. Reports must be filed by the actual complainant, owner or authorized representative.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted by email.

Make an online report 

Are You Reporting A Fraud?

The Peterborough Police focuses on investigating fraud matters and trends that can be linked, tracked and documented such as:

• Fraud Against Seniors

• Counterfeit Fraud (Currency and other documents)

• Credit Cards and Debit Card Fraud,

• Cheque Fraud• Social Assistance (Welfare) Fraud

• Computer Fraud

• Identity Theft

• Corporate Fraud

The Peterborough Police focuses on fraud crime reduction through various proactive crime prevention strategies including: targeting organized crime groups, education, training and public outreach.

I think this is a fraud/scam, do I need to send it to police?

If you have received a fraudulent phone call/email/communication and have not provided any personal information or lost any money, please contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or their online reporting system to file a report for statistical purposes.

I’ve been a victim of fraud, now what?

If you lost money as a result of the fraudulent communication, you may file an online report with the Peterborough Police Service. To prevent further loss of monetary funds, please ensure you take the following steps:

1.Cancel your cards and notify your bank of the fraudulent activity.

2. Ignore any further communications from the subject and inform them that you have called the police if communication persists.

3. Keep all documentation until it is requested by an Investigator.

If you have provided personal information but have not lost any money, please contact our Alternative Response Unit at 705-876-1122, extension 274 to file a report as a report cannot be filed online.

Make an online report 

Shoplift Release Report

If you are a Loss Prevention Officer and would like to submit a Shoplift Release Report for a person in custody please click on Shoplift Release Report

 Alternative Response Unit (ARU)

The Peterborough Police Service is pleased to offer the Alternative Response Unit (ARU) which consists of a police officer located in the lobby of the Peterborough Police Station, located at 500 Water Street, Peterborough. This officer is available to assist with any questions you may have relating to all aspects of policing.

The ARU can be contacted by phone at (705) 876-1122 ext. 274 or an online report can be made by accessing the link above.

Please note that these services are NOT monitored 24/7, so if it is an emergency please dial 9-1-1.