COVID-19 Update (Posted March 16, 2020):
In keeping with recommendations established Federally, Provincially and within the Municipality of Peterborough to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Peterborough Police Service is taking pro-active steps and attempting to limit the amount of foot traffic into its police station.
- We are limiting the amount of traffic into our lobby to two persons at a time. This includes access to the Accident Collision Reporting Centre, which is located in the lobby.
- Those needing to access the Accident Collision Reporting Centre can come into the lobby to check-in. You will then be asked to return to your vehicle until a staff member comes out to greet you. Do not wait in the lobby. We will advise when this changes.
To read our full COVID-19 Media Release please visit: https://www.peterboroughpolice.com/2020/03/monday-march-16-2020-covid-19-media-release/
Reporting an Accident
By law the following collisions must be reported to the Police:
- Where persons are injured
- Where damage exceeds a combined value of $2,000.00
- Or where there is damage to highway property (poles, guard rails, etc.)
In property-damage only collisions, citizens can exchange information and then may have up to 48 hours to report to the Collision Reporting Centre, rather than police attending.
The Peterborough Police Service has partnered with Accident Support Services International Ltd. to operate the Collision Reporting Centre. Learn more about Accident Support Services International.
During business hours, towed vehicles must go directly to the Collision Reporting Centre from the scene of the collision. If you require a tow, please call the towing company of your choice.
The Collision Reporting Centre is located in the front lobby of the Peterborough Police Service station 500 Water Street, Peterborough, Ontario.
The operating hours of the Collision Reporting Centre are as follows:
Monday to Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
If you have any questions, please contact the CRC directly at 705-741-4400